Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Field Day Adventures

The "field day" I imagined: a handful of track and field events organized for the students at my daughters' elementary school. What I saw was quite different. Yes, there was an element of competition, but it was mainly an opportunity for pairs of students to wander to the 20 fun stations that the teachers had set up for them. Kids were engaged in tug-of-wars, tossing games, relays, face painting, tai kwon do and all manner of active games out on the open field behind the school.

Some snapshots:

My petite daughter had fun tugging!
Sack race - classic!

Ever tried toe fishing?




Hopefully they changed the water as the day went on.
Running + water = another relay variation.

1 comment:

rohanrj said...

I like what you guys are usually up too. This type of clever work and coverage! Marijuana edibles Canada