Thursday, February 6, 2014

3 Kid-Friendly Ways to Celebrate the Olympic Games at Home

The winter games are here, and I am eager to watch some Olympic action this weekend!  This is one of the rare times when I wish we had access to T.V. programming.  Since we're an internet-and-DVD-only household, I'm planning to whip up some goodies over the next week and a half and invite myself over to watch some of the events with friends.

In addition to watching, there are some hands-on, feet-on activities that I'd like to do with my kids to celebrate the Olympic games that start this week.  Here are three things I'm planning for us:

1)  Eat some Olympic Rings!





2)  Do some indoor figure skating!



How to Make Carpet Gliding Skates


3)  Make and award some ice medals!



Are you planning to watch the games over the next week?  
If so, what will your family members be doing while you watch?


5 comments:

Unknown said...

Those sound like 3 very fun ideas for this special occasion! Thanks for linking up with The Olympics Link Up and a huge thanks for linking back to it! Be sure to come by and link up all of your special posts that relate!

Theresa said...

I've never even thought of trying to make gummy candies. Thanks for sharing at the party @DearCreatives Hope to see you again soon. Theresa

asian~treasures said...

I'm excited to try the gummies!

Adelien said...

Those are great ideas to celebrate the winter olympic. We don't have winter here so we ebjoy your posting. Thank you for sharing in th Pintastic Pinteresting Party.

Anonymous said...

Great facts, this can be the a couple of effective examining intended for, include things like quite a few effective key points when my spouse and i learn quite a few brand-new issues from this way too. anti hair fall supplement